Our new quick at-a-glance calendar is to the left! It includes future months’ events too🙂
- Salsa Event of the Summer with HAVANA BLUES!
Thanks for all your feedback…IT’S GONNA HAPPEN ****Note change to date & location: July 7th @ The Rockhouse on George St***** $15 in advance, $20 at the door.
Tickets available at:
- Fred’s Records 198 Duckworth St
- O’Brien’s Music Store Water St
- Mexicali Rosa’s during Sunday Salsa Socials
- and each Wed in MUN’s UC Food Court next to Treats.
Way to go L.L.!!! – One of our salsa group members is bringing a LIVE CUBAN SALSA band from Toronto to St. John’s for July 7, 2012. Please buy your tickets soon! Send us a comment here, or come write on our group wall if this is something you can’t wait to attend! https://www.facebook.com/groups/SalsainSt.Johns/
EVERY WEEK: Weekly Sunday Salsa Social at Mexicali Rosa’s, 6pm-10 pm
- Sundays continue to be a fabulous time, with people enjoying salsa, bachatta, merengue and reggaeton! Intro salsa lesson 6-7 p.m. ($5) or $2 for social dancing from 7 p.m. onward.
- July 1st Sunday Salsa Social @ Mexi’s: CELEBRATE CANADA DAY WITH US! From away? Bring your country’s flag!
Successful Summer Salsa and Other Dance Events that already happened (but will come around again!):
- Sat, June 23 Saturday Nite Salsa @ Loft 709’s The MIXX on Duckworth St with DJ Gustavo- Fabulous time, we’ll definitely have to do that again!
Sat, June 2, Salsa @ Rocket Bakery – “Pay-what-u-can” fundraiser for Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation Hosted/DJ’d by Judy D of Salsa in St. John’s & Cindy Butt of FarOut Fitness. – Absolutely huge and very generous crowd of dancers attended; the Rocket felt like home- thank you to the staff and management. Can’t wait to dance there again😉
- TANGO: Fri June 1
Dinner and Dancing Series* at the Battery Hotel – Summer’s Here! Tango on the Edge (TOTE’s) next evening of dinner and dancing at the Battery takes place Friday June 1st, 7:30-11:30 pm. TOTE will offer a play list of Argentine Tango with a mix of other dance styles as well. ***Special demo of WEST COAST SWING this Frida!*** Please remember to email Cecilia at ceciliamcgruer”at”live.ca to confirm your table booking. This weeks specials 3 course meal includes vegetables, dessert, tea and coffee. Choice of Prime rib, chicken fettucinne alfredo, or Rocky Harbor Cod for $24.95 (*Please note there’ll be no August session, stay tuned for next scheduled session).
- WEST COAST SWING Workshop, Sunday June 3, note: time changed to 12:30-2:30pm
At the MMap, Arts & Culture Centre. Workshop fee $20 per person. Instructor: Bruce Innes. There will be a ***demo of west coast swing at the Battery on Friday Evening. No previous experience necessary.