It’s been a while since we updated with a blog entry, but don’t worry…Salsa in St. John’s is still going strong! There’s so many events and venues to choose from now, we’ve been relying on facebook pages to spread the word. If you don’t have facebook, don’t worry! This website has facebook live feeds to keep you all updated. You can find them on the side and bottom of this website: one is the feed for Bailamos St. John’s: https://www.facebook.com/BailamosStJohns/ and the other is for Salsa in St. John’s Latin Lounge Series: https://www.facebook.com/SalsaInStJohnsLatinLoungeSeries/ These pages regularly post information about Salsa and Latin dance events and classes in and around St. John’s NL. If you use facebook, please look up our pages and give them a like. You can also join our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/SalsainSt.Johns/
Just to give you a quick overview, here are some current and upcoming events:
- Spicy Sundays salsa socials 8pm followed by world club til close. 19+ Check out Spicy Sundays Facebook page link for more details, dates and location(s): https://m.facebook.com/spicysundays/
- Also on Sundays, 7-9pm Jim Russell is hosting drop-in dance lessons in Pouch Cove at the All Saints Anglican Hall, 149 Town Circle. Just $5!
- 7pm Mondays at the Legion in Pleasantville Jim Russell hosts drop-in Latin and ballroom lessons. Only $5!
- Boca Tapas Bar has a Live Cuban musician every Friday and Saturday evening ~7-10:30pm, dancers are welcome! Facebook page link: https://m.facebook.com/bocastjohns/
- Look for live music by Latin cover band Vuelo Directo, and Brazillian & jazz music by Ana & Eric, in various locations. Facebook page link: https://m.facebook.com/vuelodirecto.band/
- Look for live Cuban traditional music by Isla Son Latin Ensemble! Facebook page link: https://m.facebook.com/islason1/
- Look out for upcoming Salsa events at various venues including: The Rockhouse on George Street, Elixir Lounge on Water Street, Elements Coffee Bar & Lounge on Topsail Road, Remax Centre on Mayor Avenue, and of course Boca Tapas Bar downtown on Clift’s-Baird’s Cove!
These are just a few of the Latin events happening in and around St. John’s! Please keep looking at our live Facebook feeds for more updates. If you know of or are planning other Latin dance/music events you’d like to see promoted through our Salsa in St. John’s community, send an email to judy.salsa”AT”gmail.com
p.s. here’s a link for my most recent Spotify playlist, Fall 2019 Latin Playlist by Judy D: