2nd Annual Salsa into the New Year 2013 – in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation Atlantic Region, and the Salsa in St. John’s Community Fund
Date: Mon Dec 31, 2012
Time: 9pm- 2am
Location: LSPU Hall’s Cox & Palmer Second Space, 3 Victoria St
Join us again as we Salsa dance into the New Year in the LSPU Hall’s Cox & Palmer Second Space…we guarantee lots of high-energy CLASSIC salsa & merengue, with bachatta & reggaeton too, hosted by Judy D & a DJ Marcelo!
Cost: $25.00* per ticket AVAILABLE IN ADVANCE ONLY through the LSPU Hall box office (in person, by phone, or online). Proceeds 75% in support of the CBCF-Atlantic Region, 25% in support of the Salsa in St. John’s Community Fund.**
Box office phone 709-753-4531
Box office website http://www.rca.nf.ca/
—–>TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW! FYI: I’ll be buying your midnight champagne based on the number of tickets sold by Dec 29th.
For anyone planning to buy New Year’s tickets at the box office 3 Victoria St., here’s the Resource Centre For The Arts Holiday Box Office Hours:
December 24: Closed
December 25: Closed
December 26: Closed
December 27: 2-5pm
December 28: 2pm until performance
December 29: 2pm until performance
December 30: Closed
December 31: 8pm until performance
Remember, you can book online 24/7! www.rca.nf.ca Here’s the direct link:
http://sa1.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/EventSearch?presenter=RCA&event=2012-ny (tickets are $25 after the box office fee is added)
Your advance ticket purchase includes all this:
– Bar service with selection of wine, beer, soft drinks, & soda for sale
– 19+ event
– Floor fans & air conditioner, but wear something light because we usually out-dance the air conditioner! (And please, ladies: please NO spike heels, the floor’s still brand new)
– Light snack foods to keep you energized for dancing
– Door prize(s) drawn just after midnight (to be eligible, enter your name, contact info, & how you heard about the event on a ballot at the door) Some of the door prize items include: – Living Planet T-shirt – Rocket Bakery gift certificates – holiday Snow Globes from Frenchy’s Thrift Boutique – ChickP Creations earrings – a bottle of wine – and more!
– A glass of bubbly to toast in the New Year
– Proceeds supporting Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation-Atlantic Region & Salsa in St. John’s Community Fund
– And of course playing all night long a great high-energy selection of salsa music from Judy D’s and Marcelo’s collections, shared with them from many members of the Latin American & ballroom dance salsa community!
Salsa in St. John’s is a community group of Volunteers, Dancers, & Businesses with the sole purpose of networking & promoting anything Salsa or Latin Dance! Salsa in St. John’s was originally created as a facebook group in July 2008 by Judy D as an informal volunteer-run dance info & event sharing group. If you’re curious about our fb group, here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SalsainSt.Johns/
Or check out our new website www.salsainstjohns.com
Events directly organized by Judy D via Salsa in St. John’s have most often been fundraisers for multicultural organizations or for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
**Judy D, along with two other dedicated group members, have recently started a community account for Salsa in St. John’s with the purpose of fundraising to help with such things as venue rentals & bringing more live entertainment for salsa events! If you are interested in hearing more about this, or in giving the organizers a helping hand, please email judy.salsa”AT”gmail.com or write on our fb group wall.
* ticket price includes the LSPU Hall Building Maintenance Fund fee of $1.25 and box office handling fee of $0.75 on each ticket